Russia is the 5th leading destination for students. It is a famous destination for International students, MBBS is a famous course & 70% of Indian students want to study MBBS in Russia. The country has many MCI/NMC-recognized universities.
Are you looking to Russia for education? MBBS is a famous course in Russia and plenty of Indian students prefer only Russia for medical studies. Russia MBBS Fees is start from 1,70,000 Ruble to 7,12,500 Ruble.
Russia has the largest area in the world. It covers around 17,098,246 Sq. Kilometers. The capital of the country is MOSCOW & the population is around 142,122,176. 11 Time zones in the country, currently, observe a time range from UTC +2:00 to UTC +12:00.
Russian Time Zones:
- Kaliningrad Time – UTC +02:00 – Population is 1,012,512 (2020)
- Moscow Time – UTC +03:00 – Population is 90,155,502 (2020)
- Samara Time – UTC +04:00 – Population is 9,337,988 (2020)
- Yekaterinburg Time – UTC +05:00 – Population is 20,954,998 (2020)
- OMSK Time – UTC +06:00 – Population is 1,926,665 (2020)
- Krasnoyarsk Time – UTC +07:00 – Population is 12,800,529 (2020)
- Irkutsk Time – UTC +08:00 – Population is 3,377,130 (2020)
- Yakutsk Time – UTC +09:00 – Population is 2,769,581 (2020)
- Vladivostok Time – UTC +10:00 – Population is 3,395,760 (2020)
- Magadan Time – UTC +11:00 – Population is 654,621 (2020)
- Kamchatka Time – UTC +12:00 – Population is 363,304 (2020)
But, After the Soviet Union, Moscow time became UTC +02:00, & other time zones were less according to Moscow.
Before Russian Railways followed Moscow time but now Airports & Railways follow local time in Russia.
Russia touches 14 border lands & also shares 2 Maritime lands boundaries. The country’s largest city is Moscow, Saint Petersburg is the second largest city in Russia.
Russia is a permanent member of UNSC, G20, SCO, BRICS, WTO, APEC, and OSCE as well as a leading member of CIS, CSTO, and EAEU & It is also home to 30 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Russia at a Glance
- Capital – Moscow
- Official Language – Russian
- President – Vladimir Putin
- Upper House – Federation Council
- Lower House – State Duma
- Total Area – 17,098,246 km^2
- Population – 145,864,296 (2022)
- Currency – Russian Ruble
- Time Zone – UTC +2 to +12
- Driving Side – Right
- Calling Code – +7
- National Sport – Bandy
Russia is home to 100,000 rivers & It is the world’s largest surface area of water resources. Lake Baikal is the largest of Russia’s freshwater bodies. In the country, the temperature record is -71.2 degree celsius.
Russia has only two distinct seasons, winter and summer, the coldest month is January and the warmest month is July. In the winter season from south to north and west to east temperatures get cold.
Russian Biodiversity :
Around 50% of Russian territory is forested & the country has the world’s largest forest reserves.
- Vascular Plants – 12,500 Species
- Bryophytes – 2,200 Species
- Lichens – 3,000 Species
- Algae – 7,000 Species
- Fungi – 20,000 Species
- Mammals – 320 Species
- Birds – 732 Species
- Reptiles – 75 Species
- Freshwater Fish – 343 Species
- Saltwater Fish – 1500 Species
- Biosphere Reserve – 45
- National Park – 64
- Nature Reserve – 101
According to Amnesty International & Human Rights Watch, Russia is not a democratic country & allows civil liberties & few political rights to its citizens. The country is described as a “Kleptocracy”.
Mostly, the Russian Railway is under the control of the State- Run. Trans-Siberian Railway is the longest railway line in the world and is connected Moscow to Vladivostok. Around 87,000 km of railway tracks in Russia.
Russia has the world’s 5th most extensive road network, with around 1.5 million km of roads, and around 1218 airports, Sheremetyevo International Airport is the busiest airport located in Moscow, and Novorossiysk in Krasnodar Krai port is the largest port of Russia.
Russian Science & Technology:
In 2020, Russia ranked 10th worldwide in the number of scientific publications. In 1994, Nobel prizes were awarded to Russia in medicine, economy, peace, literature, physics, and chemistry.
Millennium Prize problems award received by Grigori Perelman for his final proof of Poincare Conjecture in 2002.
Russian inventor “Alexander Popov” invented Radio. “Vladimir Vernadsky” invented Geochemistry, Biogeochemistry, and Radiogeology. Immunology was invented by “Elie Metchnikoff”.
“Roscosmos” is the Russian space agency. Russian 1st Earth-Orbiting artificial satellite was “Sputnik 1” in 1957 & In 1961, “Yuri Gagarin” was the person who successfully first a human trip into Space.
According to data in April 2022, Russia has a total of 172 active satellites in space & it’s the world’s 3rd highest number.
According to the World Tourism Organisation (WTO) in 2018, Russia was the 16th in the world and the 10th most visited country in Europe. Around 24.6 Million visitors have been visited yet.
According to the Federal Agency for Tourism (FAFT), Around 24.4 Million visitors have been on inbound trips of foreign citizens to Russia. “Peterhof Palace” is a UNESCO World Heritage Site which is located in Saint Petersburg.
According to the census of 2010, Russia had 142.8 Million population & expected 2022 to have around 145.5 Million population. Subsequently, one of the world’s oldest populations is around 40.3 Years. Ethnic Russians are around 81% and the remaining 19% of the population are ethnic minorities.
According to the census 2021, Moscow is the largest city and Barnaul is the smallest city in Russia in population.
Language & Religion
Russian is the official language in Russia, but in universities, professors teach the English language to International Students. The country is a multilingual nation and around 150 minority languages are spoken across the country.
According to the Census 2010:
- The Russian language speaks – 137.5 Million.
- The Tatar language speaks – 4.3 Million.
The Russian constitution gives the country’s individual republic the right to establish its own state language.
The country is a secular state by constitution, the largest religion in Russia is Eastern Orthodox Christianity, and Islam is the second largest religion in the country.
According to the survey, The result says:
- Christians – 47.3% (41% Russian Orthodox, 1.5% Simply Orthodox, 4.1% Unaffiliated Christians, and less than 1% are Old Believers.
- Believers without affiliation to any specific religion – 25%
- Atheists – 13%
- Muslim – 6.5%
- Buddhists – 0.5%
- Hindus – 0.1%
The famous iconic religious architecture in Russia is Saint Basil’s Cathedral.
Education in Russia
Around 95% of adults are literate in Russia. The constitution of the country provides free education to its citizens. For primary and secondary education totally The Ministry of Education of Russia is responsible & for Science and Higher education totally responsible ministry of Education and Science of Russia.
Russia spends 2022 around 5% of its GDP on Education. The country is among the world’s most educated countries.
The country’s preschool education system is too developed. Primary school is compulsory for 11 years, starting from age 6 to 7, and leads to a basic general education certificate. After an additional 2 to 3 years of schooling is required for secondary education.
The graduation system in Russia is highly competitive, the degree course is around 5 years in the country. Moscow State University and Saint Petersburg State University are the oldest and largest universities in Russia.
In Russia, there are 10 highly prestigious Federal universities across the country. According to a survey in 2019, Russia was the 5th leading destination for Indian students.
NMC/ MCI Approved Medical Universities in Russia:-
Altai State Medical University
Altai State Medical University is a public & was located in 1994 in the West Siberian part of the country. It functions in around 60 departments and has 7 faculties.
These are some Highlights of Altai State Medical University.
- It holds 177 country ranks & 5245 world rankings.
- Around 19 Country students study there, around 34% only from India.
- It is recognized by WHO, NMC/MCI, WFME, ECFMG, & FAIMER,
- Altai State Medical University provides services in General Medicine, Further Vocational Education, Paediatrics, Nursing, Hygiene and disease prevention, Pharmaceutics, and Stomatology.
- Altai Medical University’s location is prosp. Lenina 40, Barnaul, 656099, Altai Krai, Russia.
- Academic staff : 500 – 600, Student Enrollment : 3000 – 4000
Amur State University
Amur State University is associated with the history of the Amur Region. It was founded in 1975 & It’s a public university. AMSU provides several academic and non-academic services and facilities to students. Some highlights of Amur University are mentioned below:
- AMSU holds 199 Country ranks & 5621 world rankings.
- Students Enrolled : 5000-6000, Academic Staff : 500 – 600
- It provides some facilities & services like libraries, sports facilities, housing & more.
Astrakhan State Medical University
Astrakhan State Medical University was founded in 1918. It has 30+ medical departments & 9 faculties. Here are some important points:
- ASMU is a non-profit public university. It is recognized by MHRF, NMC, and WHO.
- Astrakhan state medical university holds 316 country ranks & 8256 world rankings.
- It is located at ul. Bakinskaya 121 Astrakhan 414000 Astrakhan Oblast, Russia.
- The university offers programs only in the Medicine field.
- Students Enrollment – 3000 to 4000 , Academic staff – 400 to 500
Bashkir State Medical University
Bashkir State Medical University was founded in 1932, It is a public university & offers programs only in the medical field. UFA Medical University and Bashkir Medical University are known as Bashkir State Medical University.
- BSMU is a non-profit public & was recognized by NMC and WHO.
- Bashkir state medical university’s country ranking is 179, & World ranking is 5319.
- It provides services in Arts & Humanities, Medicine & Health.
- The academic structure of BSMU is mentioned below:
- Bashkir state medical university is located in UL. Lenina 3 Ufa 450000 Bashkortostan Republic Russia.
Belgorod State University
Belgorod State University was established in 1876, It is a public university located in Belgorod Russia. 1000+ Indian students are studying there, that’s why It is the best college for study MBBS in Russia for Indian students.
The main facts about Belgorod State University are :
- BSU University has 103 sub-departments and 19 core departments.
- It has 21 Research and Educational centers.
- 25+ Research Centres and Laboratories.
- 11 Reading rooms at Belgorod State University’s Library.
- BelSu has a country ranking is 23 and a World ranking is 1639.
- Students Enrollment – 30,000 to 35,000 & Academic Staff – 1500 to 2000
Chuvash State Medical University
Chuvash State Medical University was established in 1967. Around 825 Undergraduate and around 16,000 Postgraduates students are studying there. The main facts about the university have:
- Chuvash State University has 15 Faculties.
- 17,500 have total seats at Chuvash State University.
- 3865 have total faculty at CSU.
- Chuvash State University’s country ranking is 111 and the world ranking is 4118.
- The current address of the University – Moskovsky prospect, 15 Cheboksary 428015 Chuvash Republic Russia.
- Students Enrollment – 10,000 to 15,000 & Academic Staff – 1000 to 1500.
Dagestan State Medical University
Dagestan State Medical University was established in 1932, It is a non-profit public university. The main facts about the university are:
- Dagestan State Medical University’s country ranking is 295 and the world ranking is 7575.
- 5000+ students study at the DSMU, including 240+ International students from 28 countries in the world.
- 27000+ doctors have graduated from Dagestan State University.
- DSMU has 5 faculties including 75 departments.
Far Eastern Federal University
Far Eastern Federal University was established in 1899, FEFU has 40+ branches in Russia. The main points of the university are:
- Far Eastern Federal University has 3 partner Institutions. Firstly, the University of Southern Queensland in Australia. Secondly, University Tunku Abdul Rahman in Malaysia. & Finally, the University of Maryland Global Campus in the United States.
- In 2022, According to US News & World Report, the University ranked 1506 among Best Global Universities.
- According to the Center for World University Rankings, FEFU Ranked 1804.
- According to 4icu, the Far Eastern Federal University’s country ranking is 30th and its World Ranking is 1793rd.
Ingush State University
Ingush State University was founded in 1994, It is the youngest public university in Russia. The University runs 10 faculties & 42 Academic departments, that’s the biggest higher education institution in the area. The main facts about the university are:
- Ingush State University collaborates with 9 International higher education Institutions and Research Centres.
- ISU has 508 Academic Staff.
- The university is approved by NMC and WHO.
- Ingush State University holds a 363 country ranking & 10069 world ranking.
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
IM Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (MSMU) is the oldest medical university known as First Medical University in Russia. It is a public university & was founded in 1758. The main facts are below:
- First Moscow State Medical University holds 37th Rank in the country & 11725th Rank in the world according to 4ICU.
- According to QS World Ranking, the university holds a 651 Rank.
- According to Best Global Universities by US News & World Report 2022, holds a 983 Rank.
- The University provides 9 Faculties.
- FMSU is located at Huseyn Javid Avenue 131, Baku, AZ1073 Absheron, Azerbaijan.
Kazan State Medical University
Kazan State Medical University is a public university and was founded in 1814. The university has around 1400 Administrative Staff. The most important points of the university are:
- Kazan State Medical University holds 136 Country Rankings & 4528 World rankings.
- The location of the university is Butlerova str. 49, Kazan, 420012 Tatarstan Republic, Russia.
- KSMU Tuition Fees are US$2500 to US$5000 (1800 to 3700 Euro) for Local & International Students.
- Student Enrollment – 4000 to 5000 & Academic Staff – 900 to 1000.
- Kazan State University Academic Structure are – the Faculty of General Medicine, Faculty of Pediatrics, Preventive Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Higher Nursing Education, and Faculty of Social Work.
Kabardino Balkarian State University
Kabardino Balkarian State University is a public research university founded in 1957. It is one of the largest universities in the North Caucasus. KBSU is too modernized and more than 30% of seats are equipped with high-tech computer systems.
The main facts about the university are:
- Kabardian Balkarian University has 9 faculties & 21 departments.
- KBSU provides education in Russian and English Language.
- Kabardino Balkarian State University holds 116th Country Ranking & 4226th World Ranking.
- Student Enrollment – 8000 to 9000 & Academic Staff – 900 to 1000.
Kemerovo State University
Kemerovo State University is a public University established in 1955. KSU has 17 educational laboratories and administrative buildings. The University has around 20 departments, 70 chairs, and over 10,000 full-time students.
KemSU post-graduate students defend 30-40 candidates and 6-8 doctor’s theses in a given year. The university specializes in rare languages such as the “Shor” language. The main facts are :
- KemSU is recognized by NMC, WHO, & Ministry of science and higher education of the Russian Federation.
- Kemerovo State University holds a 311 country ranking & 7917 world ranking.
- The university address is ul. Voroshilov 22-a, Kemerovo, 650029 Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
Kuban State Medical University
Kuban State Medical University was founded in 1920 by the Government of the Russian Federation. The university has around 500+ Academic Staff. The main facts about the university are below:
- KSMU is recognized by NMC, WHO, and the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
- Kuban State Medical University holds 222 country rank and 6058 world rank.
- The university address is ul. Sedina 4, Krasnodar, 350690 Krasnodar Krai, Russia.
- Students Enrollment is 3000 to 4000 and Academic Staff is 500 to 600.
Kursk State Medical University
Kursk State Medical University was established in 1935 & In 1994, It was granted University status. KSMU is the first university in Russia that offers a full training program in the English language.
Kursk Medical University is a member of the Association of Russian-China Medical Universities.
The main facts about the university are:
- At KSMU more than 23% of students are Indian.
- Kursk State Medical University holds 201st Country Rankings & 5638th World Rankings.
- The university address is 3 Karl Marx Street, Kursk, 305041 Kursk Oblast, Russia.
- Kursk State Medical University Fees for local & International students are 1000 to 2500 US$ or 750 to 1800 Euro.
Some more MCI Approved medical universities ranking in Russia according to 4ICU are mentioned below:
- North Caucasian State Academy – Country Rank is 53 & World Rank is 2844.
- Northern State Medical University – Country Rank is 178 & World Rank is 5301.
- OMSK State Medical Academy – Country Rank is 203 & World Rank is 5650.
- Orenburg State Medical University – Country Rank is 291 & World Rank is 7537.
- Orel State University – Country Rank is 145 & World Rank is 4679.
- Saratov State Medical University – Country Rank is 207 & World Rank is 5728.
- Volgograd State Medical University – Country Rank is 106 & World Rank is 4071.
- Voronezh State Medical University – Country Rank is 186 & World Rank is 5461.
- Tver State Medical Academy – Country Rank is 260 & World Rank is 6907.
- South URAL State University – Country Rank is 15 & World Rank is 1255.
If you are an Indian student who wants to study MBBS in Russia, you have fulfilled the Eligibility Criteria:
MBBS in Russia Eligibility Criteria:
MBBS in Russia Admission Eligibility Criteria is very soft and any student who has completed their 10+2 in PCB is eligible for NEET UG and after qualifying for the Entrance exam, you have to be Eligible.
Some of the Eligibility Criteria are
- Completed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB).
- Qualified NEET UG Exam with a Minimum 50 Percentile.
- Candidates have to complete 17 years by 31st December.
Documents Required for study MBBS in Russia for Indian Students :
- Birth Certificate
- 10+2 Marksheet
- NEET UG Result
- Minimum 1.5 Years Validity Passport
- At Least 40 Photographs Required
- Student VISA
- HIV, Medical Report
Russia is the country that spent around 5.65% of its GDP in 2019. The country has one of the world’s most female-biased sex ratios, with around 0.85 males to every female.
“Matryoshka Dolls” is a cultural icon of Russia. National Personifications of the country are “Russian Bear” and “Mother Russia”. The country is also home to 30 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Holidays in Russia
Russia has a total of 8 holidays, the list is given below:
- New Year – 1st January
- Russian Orthodox Christmas – 7th January
- Defender of the Fatherland Day – 23rd February
- International Women’s Day – 8th March
- Spring and Labor Day – 1st May
- Russia Day – 12th June
- Unity Day – 4th November
- Old New Year – 14th January
- Cosmonautics Day – 12th April
Famous Cuisine in Russia
Russian cuisine is formed by cultural, religious, & climate traditions. Many varieties of Bread are popular in Russia.
Russia’s famous non-alcoholic drink is “Kvass” & the national alcoholic drink of the country is “Vodka” as well as “Vodka” is the highest consumption drink of Russia & “Tea” includes the most demandable beverage for Indian Students.
Sports in Russia
“Football”, and “ice hockey” is the famous game & “Bandy” is the national game of Russia.
Ques) Why do Indian students prefer MBBS from Russia?
Ans) Indian students have to choose MBBS from Russia important points are mentioned below:
- It is the 5th leading destination for students.
- The country has the largest forest reserves that’s why less pollution in the country.
- 95% of Adults are literate.
- Russia spent 5% of its GDP on Education.
Ques) What is the Air Quality Index (AQI) in Russia?
Ans) Russia has PM 2.5 air pollution in Russia, The most polluted city in the country is “Berezovka, Krasnoyarsk, Krai”.
Ques) What is the Russia MBBS Fees Structure?
Ans) MBBS in Russia Fees Structure start from 1,70,000 Ruble to 7,12,500 Ruble.
Ques) Which exam is required for getting a license & practice in India after completing MBBS from Russia?
Ans) FMGE Exam (From 2023 will be known as NEXT Exam) is required after getting MBBS from Russia.
Ques) What are the main expenses in Russia for Indian Students?
Ans) The main expenses in Russia for Indian students are:
- Hostel Fees – USD 900 to USD 1100/ YR
- Food Cost – USD 80 to USD 100/ YR
- Medical CheckUp – USD 150 to USD 250/YR
Ques) Can Students transfer their admission to another University in Russia?
Ans) Yes, Students can transfer admission to other universities easily. Some universities take an exam to check the efficiency of students.
Ques) Is the Russian Language compulsory to learn for study at top medical Universities?
Ans) No, Russian Universities provide lectures in the English Language, but if you want you can learn the Russian Language.